Sunday, April 6, 2008

General Conference

I love General Conference. This was an interesting Conference for me. Because it was the first General Conference that is presided with a new president of the Church, President Monson. As I am convert to the Church I have only known President Hinckley as the President and Prophet of the Church. But by watching Conference I could feel that the mantle had moved to President Monson which is a similar feeling I have felt when one of my Bishops was released or when I had received a new Mission President. Through the feelings I felt I could feel that President Monson was the new Prophet and President of the Church.

As always I enjoy hearing all the talks given. I have some favorites that I received inspiration from like listening to our new Prophet President Monson and also the ones given last night at the priesthood session by President Eyring on the Oath and Covenant of the priesthood, President Uchtdorf talk on how being a few degrees off can lead you far from the gospel if a course change is not made.

I can't wait till May when the General Conference Ensign magazine comes out so I can read these talks and feel the spirit of Conference.

0 comments: